Donna K. Ramer, Chief PR Strategist
Donna Ramer is an award-winning communications specialist with 30+ years creating strategic plans, issues/crisis management, speaker bureau and communications training across all industries, most notably in the healthcare and non-profit sectors. Highlights of Donna’s career to date include, but are not limited to, the following:
- PEPCID AC Rx-to-OTC Switch: Led the PR agency team on the product launch and early stages of approval as an OTC product.
- ALDARA/imiquimod 3M Pharmaceuticals’ immune response modifier for treatment of external warts caused by HPV: Led communications team for launch of Aldara for external genital warts, which exceeded one-year sales goals in nine months. Developed/supervised execution of high-visibility programs to generate print and electronic coverage for physician, nurse, PA and consumer audiences; gain support of advocacy and government groups; and create internal messages and materials for pre- launch and post-launch programs during FDA advisory committee recommendations/approvals for Aldara.
- Stayfree Ultra Thin: Created successful launch campaign for (J&J) Personal Product Company’s Stayfree Ultra Thin (then: Ultra Plus) against negative reviews of the product launch in Canada six months prior to the U.S. launch.
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (Ortho McNeil): Senior counsel/supervisor for the PR agency component of 2002/2003 FDA approval and product launch of OTCLo to establish this new 25 mcg oral contraceptive as optimal dose and OC of choice.
Donna’s issues/crisis management experience includes the following:
- Managed issues and advocacy group relations for Kyowa Pharmaceutical Inc. (KPI). Acted as liaison with patient advocacy groups and media; managed the media training of the executive committee; and created a comprehensive issues management plan to ensure the company was well positioned should other issues arise.
- Led the communications team for the FDA approval of the health claim for soy protein for DuPont’s Protein Technologies International (now Solae) including leading communications for a consortium of soy product manufacturers during a 20/20 (ABC- TV) investigative report. The program – “Soy: The Heart of the Matter” – received CIPRA and PRSA Big Apple awards.
- To complement the risk management plan for Celgene’s THALOMID (thalidomide), developed corporate and product-specific programs to help bring the product to market and turn around highly negative public perception by mobilizing third-party advocates and spokesdoctors to enhance message credibility and product acceptance.